Whenever I start working with a new female client, the goals are always the same. The answers to the „what are your goals” are the same:
1. lose weight
2. gain muscle
3. tighten up my buttocks and thighs, get rid of cellulite.
Thank God, with proper nutrition and training, all three goals can be achieved. Usually they ask me whether there is anything else, that they can do, to help our progress.
Let’s look at our skin first, and then what we can do to get rid of cellulite!
Our skin is made up of 3 different layers: epidermis, dermis, hypodermis.
- The epidermis contains multiple layers of epithelial cells, that form a waterproof and protective outer layer.
- In the dermis, you can find the sweat glands, the capillary vasculture and lymphatic vessels, sensory nerves and hair follicles. Most of the dermis is made of collagen.
- The hypodermis is the place, where the subcutaneous fat stores are found. This fat tissue has few veins, it’s primary function is insulating our body.
(Experiment: find a place on your body, where you have little fat stores. Touch it with one hand. Find another place, where you store a lot of fat – ladies: buttocks and thighs, gents: abdomen) and touch it with your other hand. What do you feel? The fatty part of your body will be cold compared to the other, thanks to the insulating effect of subcutaneous fat.)
Orange peel effect, a.k.a. cellulite (gynoid lipodystrophy):
It is a common phenomenon, especially among women. How it develops is a complex process, with many key players:
• decreased/insufficient microcirculation of the skin and the lymphatic vessels
• connective tissue (intracellular protein network) damage
• accumulation of subcutaneous fat, penetrating into the dermis.
What can we do about it?
1. Get rid of the excess bofyfat. No bodyfat = nothing can penetrate the dermis.
2. Fat burning is a multi-step process, beginning with the breakdown of triglycerides to free fatty acids and glycerol, which exit the fat cells. If the circulation in the blood vessels and lymphatic vessels is insufficient, than the accumulation of these metabolites can stop fat burning. Increasing circulation can increase fat burning.
3. The SteelFit topical creams contain active ingredients, that can increase circulation and fat burning, while decreasing cellulite:
• caffeine: increases fat burning and blood flow.
• L-carnitine: responsible for transporting fatty acids into the mitochondria, where they are burnt for energy production. The L-carnitine + Co-A system determines the amount of fat, that a cell can burn. Inadequate levels of L-carnitine, or Co-A decrease fat burning.
Summary: SteelFit creams are not miracle drugs. If you don’t eat a proper diet, and do not exercise, these creams will do little for you. But paired with a proper nutrition plan and training regime, they can help in reducing subcutaneous fat stores and getting rid of cellulite.