ADENOSINE 5′-TRIPHOSPHATE DISODIUM (PEAK ATP®)
A clinically validated and patented form of Adenosine 5′-Triphosphate (ATP) Disodium shown to significantly increase strength and power, aid in recovery, reduce fatigue and improve blood flow.
ATP is our body’s natural energy currency. According to researchers from the University of Leeds, the human body has an ATP pool of just 250g, which is approximately the amount of energy equivalent to a single AA battery. ATP is being constantly used and regenerated in cells via a process known as respiration, which is driven by natural catalysts called enzymes. Each day the human body turns over as much ATP as its own body weight.
PEAK ATP® helps to optimize athletic performance through three distinct mechanisms of action: 1) ATP increases muscular excitability resulting in significant gains in strength and power, 2) ATP increases blood flow, resulting in improved oxygen and nutrient delivery to the muscle and 3) ATP is involved in anabolic signaling, resulting in increased lean body mass and muscle thickness.*
What is Muscular Excitability?
Muscular excitability refers to the ability to activate muscle, thereby causing it to contract. The greater the excitability of the muscle the greater its force, velocity, and endurance properties will be. Muscle is excited by the release of calcium into the cell. Calcium serves as the trigger for contraction. Peak ATP® works by increasing and sustaining the amount of calcium available to the muscle, which boosts muscular excitability. The result is the athlete will lift greater weights and produce a greater number of repetitions per set.
How does Peak ATP® Improve Blood Flow?
Red blood cells release ATP into the blood when muscles are fatigued, causing vasodilation to occur. PEAK ATP® supplementation increases the amount of ATP available in red blood cells. As a result of more ATP being available, significant increases in blood flow, oxygen delivery and clearance of metabolic waste products such as lactate are obtained.
Key Benefits of Peak ATP®:
- Increase Total Strength
- Increase Vertical Jump Power
- Increase Lean Body Mass
- Increase Muscle Thickness
- Improve Blood Flow
- Reduce Muscle Fatigue
ASHWAGANDHA ROOT STANDARDIZED EXTRACT (WITHANIA SOMNIFERA ) (5% WITHANOLIDES) (KSM-66®)
Ashwagandha, also known as Withania Somnifera or Indian Ginseng, is a powerful adaptogen that promotes balance in the body. KSM-66® Ashwagandha is the highest-quality ashwagandha extract on the world market today and has been clinically proven to reduce stress, improve memory and cognition, improve sexual performance, enhance sports performance and control weight management.
Stress and Anxiety:
- A reduction in cortisol and stress may lead to less visceral/abdominal fat accumulation.
- Helps Reduce Stress
- Helps Promote a Healthy Response to Everyday Stress, Overwork and Fatigue
- Promotes Relaxation Without Drowsiness
- Helps Improve the Quality of Sleep
- Helps Maintain Normal Cortisol Levels to Promote a Healthy Response to Everyday Stress
- Helps in Calming Down and Relaxation of Body and Mind
Memory and Cognition:
- Helps Improve Learning Performance and Concentration
- Helps Maintain Mental Alertness When Experiencing Fatigue or Drowsiness
- Helps Promote Mental Clarity, Concentration and Alertness
- As a GABA-mimetic agent, ashwagandha can decrease over-firing of neurons and increase the ability of the body to ignore distracting stimuli and improve executive function.
- Helps Enhance Mental Focus
- Helps Promote Mental Sharpness
- Helps Arouse Sexual Desire
- Helps Maintain Sexual Vigor and Performance
- Helps the Body Maintain Healthy Levels of Free Testosterone in Men
- Promotes Overall Well Being and Hormonal Health
- Enhances Sexual Function
- Helps Boost Stamina
- Athletes taking KSM-66 showed substantially higher improvements in VO2 Max
- Helps Increase Muscle Size and Enhance Muscle Tone in Men
- The effect of KSM-66 Ashwagandha at 300 mg/day for 8 weeks is such: 8.1% muscle growth in thigh, 17.1% in arms, 3.3% in chest.
- Helps to Maintain Balanced Energy Levels for Physical Performance and Endurance
- Helps Enhance Sports Performance
- Helps Increase Muscle Strength in Men
- The effect of KSM-66 Ashwagandha at 300 mg/day for 8 weeks is such: 138.7% increase in muscle strength during bench press and 52% increase during leg extension.
- Helps Enhance the Rate of Muscle Recovery in Men
- Helps to Enhance Overall Body Composition when Used as Part of a Healthy Diet and Exercise Program
- The effect of KSM-66 Ashwagandha at 300 mg/day for 8 weeks is such: 19.1% Reduction in Average Body Fat
- Helps Maintain Normal Weight by Reducing Stress Induced Over Eating
- Helps Control Stress-Related Food Cravings
- Helps Support Healthy Weight Management
A non-essential amino acid, playing a key role in the Urea Cycle, which is the process whereby the body eliminates toxic byproducts of digesting protein and generating cellular energy.
L-Citrulline Malate serves as an important component in the tricarboxylic (or TCA) cycle, which is one way your body produces energy. When you increase malate levels, you increase energy production. Therefore, citrulline malate provides the one-two punch of bringing additional blood-and subsequently, oxygen and nutrients-to exercising muscles, as well as providing increased energy to boost performance levels.
L-Citrulline Malate also helps your body to reduce fatigue and maintain power as well as helping your body to metabolize protein and nitrogen which relaxes blood vessels and promotes circulation, resulting in an increase in NO production while reducing fatigue and preserving strength and power output during exercise.
Studies show L-Citrulline Malate helps your body better deal with the exercise-induced uptick in free radical production by priming immune cells and reducing the number of free radicals produced while working out.
Benefits of L-Citrulline Malate:
- Improved Circulation
- Bigger Pumps
- More Muscle Endurance
- Higher Energy and Less Fatigue
- Decreased Muscle Soreness
BETAINE ANHYDROUS (TRIMETHYLGLYCINE)
A non-essential amino acid derived from beets that aids in joint and liver repair, joint building, and liver protection. Studies show that it boosts strength and power, increases growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) levels, and even acts like the body’s own production of creatine. Research suggests that it may also support faster recovery from injury and inflammation.
Benefits of Betaine:
- Betaine helps make sure your cells have the right amount of water, especially under the stress you’re about to put on them.
Betaine in Pre-Workouts
- Betaine participates in a mitochondrial biochemical pathway called the methionine cycle. A byproduct of this cycle, called S-adenosylmethionine (SAM, for short), is involved in a wide range of reactions that produce vital biomolecules including proteins, hormones (such as adrenaline), phospholipids, polyamines, and nutrients (such as creatine and carnitine).5 Sufficient availability of these biomolecules could improve your workout performance, and your results.
- Betaine plays a role in improving the body’s ability to use creatine. Creatine is an amino acid that increases muscle strength and size, improves recovery and sprint performance, and enhances brain function. Some researchers think betaine may play a role in the production of growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1).
A non-essential amino acid that is produced naturally in the liver. It improves muscle buffering capacity, delaying the onset of fatigue during anaerobic exercise.
Beta-alanine combines with the amino acid histidine in muscle cells to form carnosine. Having higher levels of carnosine increases performance by increasing the muscle’s buffering capacity of hydrogen (H+) ions. These are produced when lactic acid levels rise during intense exercise, such as weight training.
That lactic acid breaks down into hydrogen ions. When there are a lot of hydrogen ions in the muscle, it increases the acidity of the muscle. When the acidity increases, your ability to contract the muscle decreases. The muscle loses the ability to contract with a force, and it loses endurance. So, by buffering these hydrogen ions, carnosine keeps your muscles contracting stronger for longer.
Beta-alanine also has some benefits that are separate from those of carnosine. Because of its structure, beta-alanine is now being recognized in the lab as a neurotransmitter, which means that it increases nerve firing in the central nervous system. This is one reason why many people experience a boost in alertness and energy from beta-alanine that is weaker than but similar to caffeine.
This is just one reason why it’s a good idea to take beta-alanine before workouts and why it is found in numerous pre-workout products. It’s also the reason why beta-alanine often causes that prickling sensation or “pins and needles” feeling in the skin-known as paresthesia. This feeling is completely normal and harmless, and increases with higher
Benefits of Beta-Alanine:
- Beta-Alanine increases the concentration of carnosine in muscles. Carnosine scavenges reactive oxygen species, acting as a potent buffer against fatigue toxin production in working muscles. Reduced fatigue toxin production allows muscles to perform more reps, more sets and do more work before fatiguing.
GRAPE SEED EXTRACT (VITIS VINIFERA) (95% PROANTHOCYANIDINS)
A potent antioxidant that directly helps the structural integrity of collagen anywhere in your body as well as the structure of your brain networks. It also helps to sustain optimal energy production and calorie burning. Grape Seed Extract improves the metabolism of pyruvate, a sugar-breakdown product, thereby improving carbohydrate metabolism. Pyruvate metabolism becomes very important once muscles no longer maintain optimal aerobic energy production and begin switching to anaerobic energy production.
Grape Seed Extract contains a natural component called proanthocyanidolic oligomers, which helps sore muscles recover faster and inhibit inflammation.
Grape Seed Extract contains polyphenols which act as antioxidants. During exercise, free radical formation can result in excessive muscle damage that can impede performance and recovery. Antioxidants helps to neutralize free radicals, which may help reduce muscle damage while maintaining strength.
Benefits of Grape Seed Extract:
- Improved Circulation
- Increase in Calorie Burning
- More Muscle Endurance
- Nourish Organs and Muscles, helping them to work more efficiently
- Enhances Physical Endurance
A tri-peptide comprised from one amino acid of glutamic acid, cysteine and glycine. Glutathione is found and manufactured in every cell in the body but is found in highest concentrations in the heart, muscle tissue and the liver. Glutathione is essential for immune system function and muscle growth, and any athlete who is glutathione deficient will suffer from decreased performance and a lack of muscle growth.
Glutathione is an important antioxidant and plays a major role in the detoxification of endogenous metabolic products. Glutathione acts as a powerful antioxidant to preserve and protect the brain and other body tissues by protecting them from the damage of free radicals. It has been shown is some mammalian cell types, that glutathione and nitric oxide activity are linked. This suggests that glutathione may play an important role in protection against oxidative reaction of nitric oxide, thus contributing to the sustained release of nitric oxide. Therefore, combining L-citrulline with glutathione may augment the production of NO.
Researchers had 60-resistance-trained males randomly assigned to receive supplements containing L-citrulline only (2 g/day), glutathione only (1 g/day), a combination of the two (L-citrulline at 2 g/day and glutathione at 200 mg/day), or a placebo for seven days. After the week of supplementation, the men then underwent a resistance exercise session. At the end of the study, men in the combination group had significantly higher nitrite and nitric oxide at 30 min post-exercise, compared with the placebo group. In addition, a there were small increases in cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) after citrulline and glutathione supplementation. Intracellular cGMP serves as a cellular messenger and plays a role in a variety of biological processes, and in human blood vessels, results in vasodilation. The data suggest that oral supplementation of L-citrulline combined with glutathione provides an augmenting effect on plasma nitric oxide. The present study suggests that the oral supplementation of L-citrulline combined with glutathione increases nitric oxide. Therefore, glutathione may play an important role in protection against oxidative reaction of nitric oxide, thus contributing to the sustained release of nitric oxide.
MEDIUM CHAIN TRIGLYCERIDES (MCT) POWDER (COCONUT OIL)
A form of saturated fatty acid that has numerous health benefits, ranging from improved cognitive function to better weight management. MCTs are burned by the body for energy, or “fuel,” instead of being stored as fat.
Capable of Helping You:
- Raise Metabolic Function
- Have More Energy
- Think More Clearly
- Improve Your Mood
Benefits of MCT Oil:
- Help you train harder, longer (especially during a low carbohydrate diet)
- Boost Brainpower
- MCTs can prevent muscle loss
One of the most commonly used stimulants among athletes. It provides stimulation of the central nervous system to support alertness and energy during a workout and can support strength for some during resistance exercise.
Caffeine helps to reduce fatigue, improve concentration and increase physical performance. In particular, it reduces sedation and relaxation by inhibiting the production of Adenosine, the chemical associate with sleep. This results in an increase in wakefulness, focus, better body coordination and can increase performance in cardiovascular and anaerobic exercise.
Caffeine crosses the blood-brain barrier easily, making it a very psychoactive substance. Inside the brain, caffeine counteracts the substance adenosine. Adenosine is responsible for inhibiting nervous system activity. Caffeine binds to the adenosine receptors and essentially stops adenosine from putting the brakes on neural activity.
Caffeine also boosts epinephrine, dopamine and serotonin. In general, users of caffeine have more energy, more alertness and less fatigue. Athletes can benefit from these effects and more.
Using pre-workout supplements is a smart way to ensure you get the right nutrients and supplements into your body at the right time. Athletes around the world use caffeine anhydrous and caffeine supplements to improve performance and accelerate results. The most common positive effects are increased fat loss, elongated muscular performance, and enhanced recovery.
Increased Fat Loss: Since caffeine increases overall energy output, it has a positive effect on the metabolic system. It increases the release of fat into the bloodstream and helps your body burn it faster. The effects can be magnified when combined with exercise since your body will be primed for fat loss.
Muscular Endurance: For aerobic activities like cycling or running, caffeine improves endurance. This seems to be a result of both the inhibition of adenosine and also the glucose sparing effect caffeine has on muscles. By increasing fat oxidation, caffeine prevents the body from using intramuscular glucose as the initial energy source so the stored energy can be reserved for later. It is believed that caffeine helps with perceived effort and exertion, so it essentially makes exercise feel easier!
Muscular Strength and Power: Caffeine isn’t only effective for distance-oriented athletes, it’s a great tool for weightlifting and other anaerobic activities as well. A study was performed on 18 male athletes who were given either caffeine or a placebo before performing chest press, leg press, or Wingate test. The group given caffeine lifted significantly more weight in the chest press and achieved more power in the Wingate test.
Faster Recovery: As anyone that’s ever exercised knows, doing a new type of exercise or coming back after a break can be painful the next day, so faster recovery is crucial. For experienced athletes, recovery is even more important since an event or entire career can depend on muscles being fully healed and at optimal performance at the right time. A study performed at the University of Georgia tested the post-workout pain felt by a sample of volunteers. The group given the caffeine had 48% less pain than the placebo group.
A non-dietary amino acid that has the ability to increase the concentration of glycogen in the liver, which is used as fuel when you work out. It also increases nitric oxide production, which in turn improves blood flow and oxygen delivery to your muscles.
Supplementing Theanine and Caffeine has been suggested to narrow focus and enhance attention. This co supplementation has also been suggested to improve reaction time.
Benefits of L-Theanine:
- Increased Alertness, Reduced Tiredness and Less Mental Fatigue.
- Can cross the blood-brain barrier, which means it’s able to affect brain chemistry and function.
How L-Theanine Improves Exercise Performance:
- L-Theanine has the ability to increase the concentration of glycogen in the liver, which is used as fuel when you work out. It also increases nitric oxide production, which in turn improves blood flow and oxygen delivery to your muscles.
ALPHA GPC (L-ALPHA GLYCERYLPHOSPHORYLCHOLINE)
A naturally-occurring compound that contains choline, an essential nutrient with a wide range of roles in human health. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter involved in memory function, neuro-muscular interaction, and other processes. Higher acetylcholine levels allow the brain to function more efficiently which leads to intense focus and concentration, improving mind-muscle connection.
Benefits of Alpha GPC:
- Motor Nerves fire quicker and with better synchronicity, allowing for stronger, more explosive muscle contracts.
- Higher acetylcholine levels allow the brain to function more efficiently. Leads to intense focus and concentration, improving mind-muscle connection.
- Acts as a source of the pump boosting glycerol.
- Derived from soy lecithin, Alpha-GPC increases GH production by inhibiting a brain chemical that normally blocks it.
Electrolytes are minerals present in the body that have an electric charge. They are especially relevant to exercise because they control how much water the body has, blood acidity, and muscle function. Electrolytes are lost in sweat, which explains why intense exercise can lead to problems such as dehydration.
- Magnesium is an essential muscle nutrient that is partially responsible for cellular hydration.
- MGG is an advanced form of glutamine combines glutamine, magnesium and glycine with clinical data demonstrating superior stability and increased plasma glutamine levels in the blood. This in turn leads to both enhanced conservation and promotion of muscle mass and muscle regeneration in stressful environments.
- Potassium, along with sodium and calcium, functions as an electrolyte, which means that it balances the amount of fluid in the body and transmits the tiny electrical nerve impulses. Its role in transmitting electrical impulses gives potassium an important role in muscle contractions.
- Your nervous system communicates with your muscles through structures called neuromuscular junctions, and the activation of a nerve triggers muscle contraction. Sodium and potassium help your nerve cells send electrical signals, called action potentials, that signal for your muscles to contract.
BLUE RASPBERRY OTHER INGREDIENTS:
Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Anti-Caking Powder (Silica), Sucralose, Silica, Acesulfame Potassium, Maltodextrin, FD&C Blue 1, FD&C Blue 1 Aluminum Lake.
GRAPE SODA OTHER INGREDIENTS:
Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Anti-Caking Powder (Silica), Sucralose, Silica, Acesulfame Potassium, Maltodextrin, FD&C Grape Shade R SD, FD&C Grape Aluminum Lake.
WATERMELON LEMONADE OTHER INGREDIENTS:
Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Anti-Caking Powder (Silica), Sucralose, Silica, Acesulfame Potassium, Maltodextrin, FD&C Red 40, FD&C Red 40 Aluminum Lake.